The Ribbon Bridge is constructed entirely from one single material – CorTen sheet steel. This makes the bridge exceptionally durable and unique. CorTen steel imparts a warm, natural patina. It also requires extremely low maintenance and has a long lifespan. The Ribbon Bridge is constructed as a single ‘monolithic’ structure, which gives even the underside of the bridge a beautifully finished appearance when passing. Because of the closed shape, a long and slender span is possible.
The spatial fence made from CorTen strips is fully integrated with the bridge girder, affording the construction a sleek design. Optional LED lighting makes this bridge an eye-catching feature in both urban and rural environments.
In addition to the standard CorTen strip fence, Bowie, Millipede and Branches fencing systems can also be used.
Possibilities and restraints
- The maximum length of a single span is ca.18m
- Available as a flat or an arched bridge
- A width of maximum ca. 300 cm is advised because of the decking material
- On request the main dimensions of this product can be customized
- Norm bridge: Eurocode + nat annex
- Norm fence: NPR-CEN/TR 16949:2016